St. Pius X Primary School

St Pius X School, Melville


Conditions of Study


You must have your own medical, health and travel insurance and we will inspect your insurances when you enrol.

If you do not have the correct insurances we may not enrol you at our school.

Health and travel Insurance: Most students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand unless they are:

  • A resident or citizen of Australia; or
  • A national of the United Kingdom in New Zealand: or
  • The holder of a temporary permit that is valid for two years or more.


If you do not belong to one of these special categories and you receive medical treatment during your visit, you will be liable for the full costs of that treatment.

 It is a condition of enrolment that you have insurance that will cover the cost of medical treatment in New Zealand for the duration of your stay in New Zealand.

We also require that you obtain insurance to cover your travel to and from New Zealand.


All International Students that are accepted by St Pius X School are to have their own health insurance policy approved by St Pius X Primary School. Your policy will cover all medical and accident conditions. The policy must also cover fees protection, personal liability, emergency assistance and evacuation and repatriation for the student.


St Pius X School is to be indemnified in regard to any costs for any medical/accident treatment and cannot be held liable for any cost or expenses, Evidence of this, by way of a copy of the Insurance Policy, is required and will be held by the St Pius X School office.

If parents do not hold required insurance as stipulated, St Pius X School has information and can provide application forms and policy documents for a number of recognised providers. These will be provided with your school application package.


The final decision to accept any insurance company policy remains with the applicant.

Any health concerns or known medical conditions are to be advised to the school as well as the insurer. This information needs to be held by the school and by the designated caregiver. A medical authority authorising discussion of any medical condition between medical practitioners and the School Principal is covered in the application to study.